This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
Licensing/Regulatory Information – No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|BSBCMM511||Communicate with Influence|
|BSBCRT511||Develop critical thinking in others|
|BSBFIN501||Manage budgets and financial plans|
|BSBLDR522||Manage People Performance|
|BSBLDR523||Lead and Manage Effective Workplace Relationships|
|BSBOPS502||Manage Business Operational Plans|
|BSBOPS504||Manage Business Risk|
|BSBPEF501||Manage Personal and Professional Development|
|BSBPFE502||Develop and use Emotional Intelligence|
|BSBSUS511||Develop Workplace Policies and Procedures for Sustainability|
|BSBTWK502||Manage Team Effectiveness|
Allocated timeframes and task requirements are reflected in the timetable. Learners are provided with instructions for each individual task. Instructions to the assessor are provided to guide the learner.
Before commencing assessment tasks, learners must complete learner’s readiness for assessment workbook and submit to their assessor as readiness for assessment. Should the student feel they are not ready then the learner must raise this with the assessor and an intervention plan must be put in place to support the learner where ever necessary.
“This course is delivered in class room and simulated environment. Student need to do kitchen Practicals, Class based study, role plays, presentations, Knowledge Questionnaire and Practical Assessments to complete the course”.
There are no formal entry requirements into the SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery, however participants must meet the following criteria to enter into the program:
- IELTS band score of overall 5.5 (Academic or General) or equivalent in line with the Department of Education and
department of Home Affairs (DHA) Regulations (For International Students) for specific countries.
- IELTS overall band score of 5 when packaged with at least 10 weeks’ English Language Intensive Course for Overseas
Students (ELICOS), or
- IELTS overall band score of 4.5 when packaged with at least 20 weeks’ ELICOS
- Pearson Test of English Academic – Score 42
- Cambridge English: Advanced CAE from Cambridge ESOL Test Scores
- TOEFL Test of English as a Foreign Language paper-based test
- CELS (all skills) Upper intermediate (English for Academic purposes) certificate from recognised English language
- Senior secondary Certificate of Education completed in Australia
- Certificate IV or higher completed in Australia
- Tertiary studies in medium of English
RPL / Credit Transfer
RPL and credit transfer applies for this course
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
If recognition applies the student’s overall duration will alter and a schedule of exemptions will be provided.
If a certificate or statement of results is produced and verified, a credit transfer process will be initiated by Clayton College in relation to the units as per the training plan.
If credits apply the overall duration will alter and a schedule of exemptions will be provided.
Course Pathway Stream
- Diploma, Business Manager, Human Resources Manager, Sales Team Manager Advanced Diplomas – individuals can exit these qualifications with skills to work in industry as senior managers.
- Advanced diploma, Executive Manager or Director, Manager, Human Resources (Strategy), Senior Executive.
- Clerical and Administrative Workers
And any other related employing industries such as:
- Health Care and Social Assistance
- Education and Training
- Public Administration and Safety
Employment Opportunities Include
The diversity of employers includes restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multiskilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, cookery, food and beverage and gaming.
Certificate awarded. To be eligible for the award of the BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management learners must successfully complete a total of 12 units listed in this document.
Credits may apply
Statement of Attainment if partial completion only achieved. A Statement of Attainment will be issued for any unit of competency completed and deemed competent if the full qualification is not completed.
NOTE the student must have a verified USI and fees are paid in full before a testamur or SOA will be issued which could delay the issuance of the award.
All students with a verified USI and no outstanding fees must receive their award within 30 days of completion.
Total Tuition Fees: $14,000
One Time Material Fees: $1500
One Time Application Fee: $350 (Non -Refundable)